Fire Fotos and Fun Thursday Jam
Fire Footage Capturers...
Friends alike --
Mint Plaza's been great, but there's too much risk for us getting shut down there. The next Mint Plaza jam on August 12 will be held in Sue Bierman Park where Drumm meets Washington street. Here's a photo to help you find the way.
We've gotten There are a few guidelines to make this successful:
- Leave no trace!
- We ask all performers to safety -- this includes crowd control as well as grabbing the duvey.
- Third, if you want music, bring D size batteries (good quality make a difference so duracell or energizer) for the boom box which takes 10 batteries. we ran out of sound last time b/c we didn't have power. :(
We'll mostly just go with the flow, but if this grows big enough, the plan will be to have a freestyle jam section with music on the boom box that I'll provide, but there will also be the opportunity for artists to have their own moment in the spotlight where the photographers and videographers can capture you and you alone. There may be a signup sheet when you arrive if we get enough photographers. If you want your own music, you can bring either:
- a cd
- a cd with mp3
- any device that has a headphone jack
The purpose of this event is to:
- have fun
- have a safe place to play with fire where we can also have a crowd and audience
- share our art form
- capture photos
- capture footage
- expand the community
- connect photographers with artists so artists can have better marketing photos and so the photographers can expand their skills and porfolio
You can bring your own videoographer or camera and hopefully we can trade off so we can capture each other's footage.
All are welcome, so please pass this on.
This is a leave no trace event -- please bring your own fuel and pack out any empty cans.
Photographers: please come and join us -- practice shooting extended exposure photos and capturing the amazing images fire dancing creates. most artists would love copies of your photos, so please share them with us when you're done!