In short order, Temple of Poi will be offering an Instructor Circle program. This program will consist of monthly teleconferences led by Temple of Poi Founder, Isa “GlitterGirl” Isaacs, addressing various topics relevant to flow instructors both related to how to run the business as well as how to most effectively teach clients.
We’re looking for input on content for the upcoming Instructor Circle tele-seminar series I’ll be facilitating and I’m wondering what would be most interesting that would support you in:
- making more money teaching
- teaching more effectively
- taking the plunge and starting to teach as a means of making money/supporting your hobby
- run your small flow business more effectively
Some of the topics we’re considering right now are:
- How to create win-win solutions for clients: marketing in a down economy
- How to manage a classroom: different rates of learning, challenging clients
- managing your reputation with clients: maximizing positive press and smoothing over troubled situations
- learning from other instructors: how to model another teacher’s material to learn from it and learn how to teach it
- trouble shooting techniques: what to look for and how to assist clients as they struggle with learning
- generating coursework: developing courses that encourage repeat business with your clients
- operations: finance, contracts, liability, and covering your ass
Please let us know what topics would be most interesting to you and maybe we’ll include them in the teleconference. If your topic is selected, you will get a discount on that teleconference, so help us out and post your topic ideas!